Depression & Anxiety
The ICHOM Set of Patient-Centered Outcome Measures for Depression & Anxiety is the result of hard work by a group of leading physicians, measurement experts, and patients. It represents the outcomes that matter most to patients with depression and/or anxiety. We urge all providers around the world to start measuring these outcomes to better understand how to improve the lives of their patients.
- Recommended to track via the Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9).
- Includes symptoms of general anxiety, social phobia, agoraphobia, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Recommended to track via the Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD-7), and for those with specific anxiety disorders: the Social Phobia Inventory (SPIN), the Mobility Inventory for Agoraphobia (MIA), the Impact of Event Scale – Revised for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (IES-R), the Panic Disorder Severity Scale (PDSS-SR), and the Obsessive-Compulsive Inventory (OCI-R).
- Recommended to track via the World Health Organization Disability Assessment 2.0 (WHODAS 2.0).
- Includes work status and disease-related absenteeism.
You will need a Connect account to access the following documents:
You can access the following documents without:
You can join here. If you are already a member, please login here.
All of the basic information you need to implement ICHOM Sets is available in the links above.
However, for a faster, more easily integrated process, we offer digitised versions of the Set measures. These are designed for immediate upload to existing EMR systems.
This is available as part of our Accreditation package, which recognises your work in putting patient outcomes at the heart of treatment.
Team that developed this set
Maria Kangas | Centre for Emotional Health, Macquarie University
Roberta Alvarenga Reis | Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
Anne Crocker | Douglas Mental Health University Institute, McGill University
Alain Lesage | University of Montreal
Graciela Rojas | University of Chile
Sandra Nolte | Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Alexander Obbarius | Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Matthias Rose | Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Vikram Patel | London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Toshi A. Furukawa | Kyoto University
Edwin de Beurs | Stichting Benchmark GGZ
Paul Emmelkamp | University of Amsterdam
Erik Hedman | Karolinska Institutet
Doris M. Mwesigire | Makerere University
David M. Clark | University of Oxford
David Smithson* | Anxiety UK
Lee Baer | Harvard Medical School; Massachusetts General Hospital
Kelly Woolaway-Bickel | Department of the U.S. Army, Office of the Surgeon General
Paul A. Pilkonis | University of Pittsburgh
Harold A. Pincus | Columbia University
Cathy Sherbourne | The RAND Corporation
* Patient representative
Are you implementing ICHOM Sets?
If your are implementing ICHOM Sets, please help us understand more about your journey by filling in our Implementation Survey. Click on the link below to complete:
We would like to add you to our Implementation Map if you are implementing or have implemented ICHOM Sets. Please click on the button below for more information.