Coronary Artery Disease
The ICHOM Set of Patient-Centered Outcome Measures for Coronary Artery Disease is the result of hard work by a group of leading physicians, measurement experts and patients. It is our recommendation of the outcomes that matter most to patients with coronary artery disease. We urge all providers around the world to start measuring these outcomes to better understand how to improve the lives of their patients.
- Includes occurrence of strokes, acute renal failure, prolonged ventilation, deep sternal wound infection, and other causes of reoperations.
- Includes occurrence of strokes, acute renal failure, significant dissection, perforation, vascular complications requiring intervention, bleeding event within 72 hours, and emergent CABG for failed PCI.
- Tracked via the Seattle Angina Questionnaire (SAQ-7)
- Tracked via the Rose Dyspnea Scale
- Tracked via the Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-2)
Team that developed this set
John Beltrame | Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide
Bishnu Panigrahi | Fortis Healthcare
Terrance Chua Siang Jin | National Heart Centre
Tomas Jernberg | Swedeheart
Clive Weston | Myocardial Infarction National Audit Programme
Erica Spatz | Yale
Bob McNamara | Yale
Larry Sadwin* | American Heart Association
Mark Schoeberl | American Heart Association
Louise Morgan | American Heart Association
David Shahian | Massachussetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Jack Lewin | Cardiovascular Research Foundation
Paul Heidenreich | Cardiology
John Rumsfeld | Veterans Health Administration
Robert Jesse | Veterans Health Adminsitration
Robert Yeh | Massachussetts General Hospital
*Person with dementia
**Former carer, dementia campaigner and policy consultant
***Person with demetia, with Rosemary Oliver | Keith’s wife and Carer – Jess Amos & Ingrid Tamuyeye | Keith’s Supporters and University of Kent Psychology Students
Are you implementing ICHOM Sets?
If your are implementing ICHOM Sets, please help us understand more about your journey by filling in our Implementation Survey. Click on the link below to complete:
We would like to add you to our Implementation Map if you are implementing or have implemented ICHOM Sets. Please click on the button below for more information.